This post is a bit different from what I normally write about on my blog, but with it being 20 degrees and snowy outside, I think it is pretty appropriate! Today I am sharing my mom's Chicken Noodle Soup recipe! I grew up eating this soup, and it is one of my favorite comfort foods. When I'm sick or if it is cold & rainy (or snowy!!) this soup is my 'go to' recipe! It's hearty & flavorful...and my husband loves it!
The best thing about it is that it is so easy (only 4 ingredients!) and it tastes so good!
- 1 box (32 oz) chicken broth (I use Simple Truth organic broth from Kroger)
- 1-2 cups of egg noodles (I use Mrs. Millers Homemade Egg Noodles)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (you could also use cooked, shredded chicken breasts)
- Salt & Pepper (I use Real Salt Natural Season Salt, but you could use any seasoning of your choice!)
1. Pull the chicken breast (white meat) off of the rotisserie chicken & shred. Often the chicken is so tender that it pulls apart on it's own! (Note: If I am in a hurry I use a rotisserie chicken, but if I have planned ahead, I will boil 2 chicken breasts & shred them...which is probably a cheaper option!)
2. Put the shredded chicken breast and broth into a pot. Add seasoning and bring to a boil.
3. Add noodles and continue to boil for approximately 10 minutes (or for however long the package suggests if you're using a different brand of noodles)
4. Serve hot with oyster crackers or saltines and ENJOY!
I told you it was easy!! This recipe only takes about 20-25 minutes from start to finish, and is perfect for a day like today!
Stay warm & cozy on this cold, snowy day, friends!!