LISTS! I’m totally a list person…if you look at my desk on any given day I probably have at least 5 lists on different sheets of paper. I love making lists, because they make me feel more sane! I often (too often!) have so many thoughts bouncing around my head so fast that I can hardly grab onto one! When I sit down and write my thoughts, I’m slowly able to relax and concentrate on the tasks I have at hand! The worst time for me is before bed. The minute I lay down my mind starts racing!! I think about everything I didn’t finish that day, everything I want to accomplish the next day, those two things I forgot at the grocery store, etc. etc. A few years ago I started putting a notepad beside my bed (now I just use my iPhone!) and every time I have a thought, I write it down. Eventually my brain starts to slow down, and then I have a list of things that I can tackle in the morning!
So, in the spirit of list making, I’ve made a ‘Summer Reading List’ for myself this year! I’m hoping that by actually writing down all of the books I want to read, I will get through most (if not all!) of them this summer!
My 2015 Summer Reading List
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst (I’m currently reading this one and love it!!)
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- Make it Happen by Lara Casey
- If You Find this Letter by Hannah Brencher
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- Contagious by Jonah Berger
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Visioneering by Andy Stanley
All of these books are in the ‘nonfiction’ category…they’re thought provoking books that encourage readers to look at the world & life in a different way! While I’m SO excited to read these, I’m also searching for a few good ‘fiction’ books to add to the mix!
Some of my favorite fictional summer reads from past years are:
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
If you have any recommendations please leave them in a comment below!!
Happy almost summer, friends! xoxo!